State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Care Services Program Director
Req ID: 43149BR
Job Summary: The Program Director for Nursing Recruitment, Onboarding and Orientation provides leadership and program coordination for clinical recruitment priorities within Nursing and Patient Care Services. This highly visible role utilizes evidence based practice and program evaluation principals to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that enhance the recruitment, onboarding and orientation success of clinical and support staff.
- Identify and Implement recruitment and onboarding strategies that will result in successful PCS staffing of the New Inpatient Building (NIB)
- Collaborate with the NIB transition planning team to identify specific orientation and training requirements to ensure that staff are prepared to provide care in the new environment; Facilitate collaboration and planning between the transition steering committee and clinical departments.
- Develop critical care and med-surg recruitment and training pathways in preparation for ICU/Med Surg expansion.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop and streamline recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Collaborate with nurse specialists, unit based educators and nursing directors on creation and implementation of new programs.
- Develop metrics and outcomes for program evaluation and improvement opportunities related to recruitment, onboarding and orientation.
- Actively manages licensed e-learning platforms that support training and educational opportunities.
- Provides direct supervision of 2 clinical nurse positions to support central education, orientation and onboarding programs.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Master's degree in Nursing or related field required.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- If master's is in related field, a BSN is required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply