Patient Admitting and Registration
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Patient Access Manager, the PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST performs patient admitting and registration activities in accordance with established hospital and departmental regulations, policies and procedures. This position is responsible for monitoring and managing the EMPI (Enterprise Master Patient Index) during periods of system downtime and/or hours of non-coverage in the HIM department to include: communications with all areas of the healthcare system affected by duplicate medical record numbers, merging of the duplicate medical records and unmerging as necessary. This job description addresses general requirements for the PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
1. Completes patient admission/registration process by reviewing all inpatient accounts for completeness and accuracy of the minimum data set (MDS) as well as all required documents. Obtains and documents missing information required for completion of the admission/registration.
2. Uses appropriate work drivers, including just-in-time face sheet prints, to identify admitted patients and review all accounts.
3. Interviews all inpatients (or appropriate responsible persons) who do not have complete MDS information, and/or all required documents, in order to obtain complete and accurate demographic and financial information.
4. Refers all appropriate non-sponsored patients to Program Eligibility Representative.
5. Monitors regional patient and/or guarantor name changes to ensure appropriateness. Communicates inappropriate changes to Supervisor.
6. Receives inter-facility patient transfer information, performs registration and coordinates bed assignment with Nursing Supervisor.
7. Performs ambulance registrations and charge posting within designated deadlines in order to assure revenue is recorded accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Able to effectively communicate in English and preferably in French, both verbally and in writing.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Proficient skills with personal computers and word processing.
• Able to communicate effectively with professional staff, families and patients.
• Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrates a keen understanding of the significant patient safety implications of maintaining a unique patient identifier in the electronic medical record environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 16 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!