Patient Account Representative - Billing
EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 29.75% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY!
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Equivalent to high school graduation and two (2) years of hospital and/or physician clinic billing and/or follow-up experience.
Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- Minimum three years experience of hospital based billing in Medicare and Medicaid.
- Expertise in Medicare Inpatient hospital billing is a requirement.
- Experience with Medicare RAC (Recovery Audit Contractor) program
- Knowledge of rebilling/billing Medicare RAC claims.
- Minimum three years experience of follow up in Medicare and Medicaid.
- Experience in utilizing the Medicare Common Working File, Medicare Fiscal Intermediary Standard System/DDE (Direct Data Entry) system and Nevada Medicaid Eligibility Verification System.
- Experience and knowledge of CMS Medicare regulations and guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Dependable, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- EPIC EHR experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
Office theories and principles; medical terminology and procedures; insurance plans, governmental agencies and other social services; legal terminology and requirements; alternative pay sources; collection principles and techniques; department and hospital safety practices and procedures; patient rights; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Applying customer service techniques; applying billing practices; monitoring and tracking payments; reviewing accounts and making corrections and adjustments; resolving problems with accounts; establishing effective payment arrangements; performing basic mathematical computations; preparing legal documentation such as notices, liens and subpoenas; developing interpersonal relations with vendors, agencies and patients; using computers and related software applications; using office equipment such as phones, copiers, facsimiles and adding machines; communicating effectively with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to remain seated for long periods of time; vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.