Patient Access Specialist Lead
Novant Health is seeking a Patient Access Specialist Lead to be responsible for the scheduling and organization of assigned shift to improve daily performance in all areas of patient access. Available to answer staff questions. Completes registration activities, gathering and processing of patient demographic and financial information. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred. Associates degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in patient access, registration, billing, cash collections, insurance, or related experience in a medical environment. Experience with patient placement, financial counseling, Main Admitting, Emergency Department required. Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Additional Skills Required: Insurance, billing and related regulatory/governing standards, policies, and procedures; ability to use Microsoft Office, registration software, and various other computer applications; application of safety and infection control policies and procedures; ability to develop learning plans, give and receive feedback, and coach and counsel staff; staffing, scheduling; customer feedback and impact on core processes; delegation, team building, decision making, conflict management, change management skills; verbal and written communication skills that are sensitive to diversities among age groups, cultures, and educational levels. Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional Skills Preferred:
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health