Patient Access Specialist
Novant Health is seeking a Patient Access Specialist to be responsible for pre-registration, registration, verification activities and gathering and processing of patient demographic and financial information. Responsible for identifying source of payment and collecting payment and interfacing with insurers, members of the hospital and medical staff. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School or GED required.
- Experience: Minimum one year experience in patient access, registration, billing, cash collection, insurance and/or pre-certification in a medical environment preferred. One year Customer Service experience in any field required. One year of clerical experience in medical office setting Other related experience may be considered in lieu of medical office experience required.
- Licensure/Certification: NAHAM CHAA Certification (required within two years of employment). HFMA CRCR Certification (recommended within four years of employment).
- Additional skills required: Demonstrated knowledge of insurance plans and coordination of benefits, registration processes, collection and cash receipting in compliance with regulatory standards, emergency codes and appropriate responses, and applicable federal and state healthcare regulations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possesses experience and competency in customer relation skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work in a stressful environment with changing priorities. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and individually. Good oral and written communication skills. Good problem solving skills. Basic medical terminology, knowledge can be obtained through formal classes or work experience. Basic computer skills and experience in patient registration systems. Maintains current knowledge of Federal and State regulatory compliance guidelines and JCAHO requirements. Participates in and facilitates communication between their supervisors other Revenue Cycle Departmental staff and management in order to strengthen and improve processes within the revenue cycle. Adheres to departmental objectives through cooperation and quality performance. Detailed knowledge of government payors. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed. Cross trained in multiple areas including ability to work in all registration points.
- Additional skills preferred: Reading procedural orders, basic scheduling functions, understanding of insurance benefits, insurance plans and coordination of benefits
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health