Patient Access Specialist
Novant Health is seeking a Patient Access Specialist to be responsible for pre-registration, registration, verification activities and gathering and processing of patient demographic and financial information. Responsible for identifying source of payment and collecting payment and interfacing with insurers, members of the hospital and medical staff. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred. Associates degree in business or related field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum one year experience in patient access, registration, billing, cash collections, insurance and/ or pre-certification in a medical environment preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
- Additional skills required: Demonstrated knowledge of insurance plans and coordination of benefits, registration processes, collection and cash receipting in compliance with regulatory standards, emergency codes and appropriate responses, and applicable federal and state healthcare regulations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possesses experience and competency in customer relation skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work in a stressful environment. Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and individually. Good problem solving skills. Basic medical terminology. Basic computer skills and experience in patient registration systems.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health