Patient Access Representative- Temporary Full-Time
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
This position is a one-year temporary assignment.
Fulfills all patient access functionalities including, but not limited to patient registration, inpatient, outpatient, and physician practice appointment scheduling; accurate patient identification and recording of patient demographic and insurance information, admissions, and verification and monitoring of insurance authorizations. Provides excellent customer service skills and attention to detail. Interviews patients or their representatives in order to obtain information necessary for high-quality fulfillment of duties listed above. Collaborates and works as a team with inpatient, outpatient, and physician practice staff. Demonstrates the ability to learn and operate within multiple different IT systems and programs. Exhibits effective communication skills providing for effective delivery of important information and shows competence in telecommunications. Displays professionalism and a friendly demeanor to create an environment of customer service and hospitality. Coverage on all shifts and at all Mount Nittany Health locations may be required.
1) High school diploma or equivalent.
2) Completion of a Medical Office Professional program or equivalent courses preferred.
3) Understanding and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
1) One to two years of customer service experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Excellent customer relations skills.
2) Ability to speak and write clearly, communicate effectively, and to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
3) Ability to handle high call volumes with a high level of complexity.
4) Ability to function accurately in a fast-paced environment with various degrees of patient acuity and needs.
5) Detail oriented with a proven ability to multi-task.
6) Working knowledge of office equipment used.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) None required.