Patient Access I 7121
1. Prepares patient charts for upcoming procedures and gathers records from prior visits. Coordinates to obtain paperwork from physician’ office prior to service.
2. Obtains demographic and health history information from patient and/or online patient portal, ensuring updated information is used in registration.
3. Enters admission data and scans appropriate documents into the registration software.
4. Facilitates patient identification and confirms accurate demographic and insurance information.
5. Thoroughly explains and secures forms regarding conditions of admission, patient rights and responsibilities, advanced directives, privacy practices and other facility policies as required.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the billing process and managed care contracts when explaining patient’s benefits. Collects deductibles and co-pays at time service. Completes third party payer forms as necessary.
7. Responsible for ordering office supplies for the business office and clinical personnel. Ensuring stocking of chart packs and all clinical form orders.
8. Maintains the patient lobby, including coordinating the maintenance of plants and magazines. Coordinates with the facilities department by logging maintenance requests. Maintains a clean and organized work space.
9. Provides clerical assistance to the management team.
10. On an as needed basis will assist and back-up other business office staff positions.
11. Demonstrates dedication to customer service such as assistance with telephone calls, giving directions, and providing general facility information. Interacts with external and internal parties with courtesy and sensitivity.
12. Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
13. Perform other duties as assigned must be HIPAA compliant.