Outpatient Speech Language Pathologist I
Job ID: 91596
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 4 days/week; clinic hours 8am-5:30p
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Outpatient Speech Language Pathologist I
Part-Time – Day
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate and implement treatment to patients with disorders of articulation, voice, fluency, language, swallowing and cognition.
- Use appropriate diagnostic tools, interpret data and develop treatment plans according to the principles and practices of speech pathology.
- Adhere to hospital, unit/program, and discipline-specific policies and procedures as well as professional/practice standards.
- Consistently demonstrate a courteous and compassionate demeanor to all patients and their families/visitors.
As an Outpatient Speech Language Pathologist I at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue generous paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological condition. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic and sports injury, among many others.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master’s Degree
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Knowledge of speech/hearing mechanisms, assessment and therapeutic materials, neuroanatomy, physiology , cognition, swallowing, traumatic brain injury , spinal cord injury , speech and language disorders, guiding and diagnosing video swallow studies, diagnostic and therapy materials needed for evaluation.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required to work with patients, caregivers, therapists, medical, administrative, and nursing staff successfully and to document patient progress, quality assurance activities, and other required information.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I've been an RN at the University of Maryland Medical Center for over 30 years. I love the energy and diversity that the Medical Center offers. There's also a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep you professionally challenged and motivated.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW