Orthotic Fitter, Orthopedics – Bowie, Full-Time
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Luminis Health Clinical Enterprise
Location: Bowie, MD
Posted Date: November 22, 2021
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing OFF THE SHELF orthotic services including patient assessment, application of various orthotic devices, modifications of orthotic devices and patient and family education in an outpatient clinic.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts initial evaluation and assures patients initial assessment is completed in a timely manner and all necessary insurance forms are filled out.
- Provides appropriate bracing services by fitting patient with prescribed device which includes measuring and ordering proper device, casting and overseeing fabrication of custom device.
- Documents the course of patient care, including impairments, functional limitations, type of brace prescribed and cours of action completed.
- Provide patient and family education regarding care and specific concerns about their condition.
- Billing and reimbursement procedures are followed to ensure reimbursement of services provided. Submit charges for bracing services provided by using proper HCFA coding.
- High School Diploma or GED
- The incumbent will be given the opportunity to obtain a certification as a Certified Orthotic Fitter through the Board of Certification (BOC) or the American Board of Certification (ABC).
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)