Orthopedic Technologist, Full-Time
Category: Allied Health
Location: Odenton, MD
Posted Date: September 10, 2021
Position Objective: The Orthopedic Technologist works in an ambulatory setting providing assistance to Physicians/Physician Assistants and their patients. The Ortho Tech will perform a variety of duties including: rooming, educating, and helping patients during their visit. Responsibilities also include helping with minor procedures, casting/splinting, and suture/staple removal. The Ortho Tech provides stellar customer service in all patient interactions. The Ortho Tech works in a cooperative, friendly and results oriented manner with all other members of the practice staff and the Physician(s).
Essential Job Duties: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Orthopedic Physician, PA/NPs with the management of fracture reduction, dislocations, and the application of casts/splints. Applies slings, ace wraps, crutches/canes, immobilizers, plaster, fiberglass and preformed splints and instructs patient in their proper care/use. Removes casts, splints and other orthopedic devices. Assists with fitting Orthotic devices when necessary.
- Able to obtain patient vital signs and properly document them in the patient’s medical record. Responsible for accurately entering in patient’s health history as well as meet department initiatives and metrics needed within the patient’s chart. Interviews, triages and prepares patients to facilitate smooth flow. Demonstrates clinical competency and problem solving in the delivery of patient care by performing indirect and direct patient care in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Assists patients with activities of daily living if necessary. Responsible for accurately documenting
- Prepares equipment for and assists providers in minor office procedures, and provides other general assistance to the provider and staff as necessary. Remove sutures or staples. Applies and removes bandages and dressings. Properly disposes of medical waste. Demonstrates and educates patients on general exercises as ordered by the provider. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensures that sufficient inventories of medical and office supplies are stocked and maintained in the office and exam rooms. Able to process the ordering of clinical supplies in accordance with practice standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism and working to establish a positive rapport with every patient by demonstrating key components of AAMC’s Service Excellence Framework (iCare).
Educational/Experience Requirements: The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High school diploma or GED required or documentation of graduation from an accredited training program preferred.
- Customer Service experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology, preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)