Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provide care to patients as directed by the provider, including preparing patients for examination, administering medications, assisting provider with procedures and performing various tests. Responsible for placing patients in exam rooms and preparing them for provider visit, assuring efficient patient flow and assisting providers as needed. The Orthopedic Technician will actively participate as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
1) High School Diploma or equivalent required; Clinical education, skills, experience equivalent to needs of practice required.
1) One year of medical office and patient care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Good understanding of excellent patient service.
2) Resourcefulness, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential.
3) Knowledge of and efficient use of computer system and its clinical related aspects.
4) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
5) Knowledge of office procedures and medical terminology.
6) Basic knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
7) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
8) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
9) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) BLS certification required.