Orthopedic Patient Care Coordinator, OPA Physician Practices, Part-Time (16 hrs/wk)
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: August 28, 2021
Orthopedic Patient Care Coordinators perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to help provide care to patients, support providers, and keep clinic operations running smoothly.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Proficient and correct use of all facets of medical practice software to ensure the integrity of patient database information.
- Participates in department clinical outcome projects as well as process improvement initiatives of care management.
- Implements and coordinates patient care needs to facilitate the plan of care.
- Demonstrates commitment to work partners to help each other reach mutual goals and learn from each other. Demonstrates actions and behaviors that consistently promote trust, respect, and a positive attitude and promote team morale.
- Assist physician with special projects and administrative responsibilities as necessary such as organizing meetings, depositions and lectures.
- Responsible for the assessment and coordination of patient care for the achievement of patient outcomes.
- Consistently verifies patient appointments, insurance’s and in office procedure authorizations. Consistently edits and mails various letters to patients including surgical posting and instructions. Triage patient calls in a timely manner.
- Assist with physicians, physician assistant, and other disciplines involved with care of the patient to foster a coordinated approach to patient care.
- Responsible for communicating with physician regarding any changes to the medical plan of care to avoid any delays.
- Demonstrates the I.C.A.R.E. behaviors to improve the patient’s experience.
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to demonstrate basic personal computer skills
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting. Medical records experience strongly preferred. Must have excellent communication skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)