Organizational Development Specialist
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Plans, organizes and coordinates organizational development operations and activities including a variety of workforce, organizational and staff development programs to all organizational levels of personnel in all functions and their departments throughout all system locations. Plans and executes organizational development interventions & programs that are aligned with the Mount Nittany Health’s overall mission, as well as for each of its lines of business and their strategic business objectives.
Assists the Chief Human Resources Officer and Director, Education with the Employee Engagement Survey process. Coordinates the feedback and oversees the follow up action planning processes at the department levels. Delivers organizational results and departmental action plans to Senior Leadership in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer and Director, Education.
1) Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) or education/healthcare related degree required.
2) Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1) Two year’s organizational development experience in the design and implementation of talent development programs preferred.
2) Healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) The ability to organize data and plan for the future.
2) Ability to analyze various forms of data, from survey results to training program assessments, to create the best strategies possible.
3) Ability to troubleshoot why a training program may be ineffective and devise an alternative strategy.
4) Dealing with a combination of people and the data related to them requires a high attention to details. Overlooking certain pieces of data can be detrimental to overall results.
5) As an influencer who strives to help others develop and grow, an organizational development specialist needs strong interpersonal skills to gain the trust of the employees intended to benefit from their expertise.
6) The ability to actively engage and collaborate with everyone, from internal stakeholders to business partners to external consultants, is critical to success in this position.
7) An organizational development specialist utilizes the following technology and tools:
a) Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
b) Feedback assessments (ex. MBTI, DISC, Hogan, Lominger, 360 Feedback)
c) E-learning software
d) Graphics or photo imaging software
1) The Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) preferred.