State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 36346BR
Job Summary: The OR Attendant reports to the Perioperative Manager. This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of duties including; assisting with transport of patients independently transporting patients, assisting with positioning of patients, monitoring equipment and supply par levels, restocking, cleaning and set-up of patient bays and retrieval of beds.
- Communicates with patients/families, management and members of the healthcare team clearly and courteously. Helps to facilitate a cooperative and positive work environment. Cross-covers for UCO during absences (PACU only).
- Transports patients as directed, maintaining a conscious regard for their comfort and safety. Assists nurse in patient care by lifting and positioning patients. May assist with other patient care tasks, as directed, (i.e. preps).
- Provides assistance to nursing staff during patient admission/discharge by anticipating needs, i.e. infusion pumps, Baer Hugger, PCA/Epidural pumps, monitors, oxygen tanks, setting up stretchers/beds with oxygen tank and mask, IV pole, pillow, blanket. Transports patients to and from inpatient units with assistance or independently.
- Accompanies outpatients to lobby and waits with then until their transportation arrives. Assists them into their vehicle (PACU only). Transports patients to other parts of the hospital as required. Picks up and delivers medications/specimens as directed. Obtains or returns blood products to/from Blood Bank as directed.
- Cleans patients' equipment including: monitors, cables and specialty equipment. Assists in manpower support for moves, special set-ups and any other occasion when a larger than normal group is needed. Restocking of supplies on unit including bedside cards, infusion, epidural, and PCA pumps from the distribution center. Stocks warmers with blankets, solutions. Stocks pods, cleaning supplies.
- High School diploma or GED required .
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply