If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will find the contact information to request the appropriate accommodation by visiting the following page:
Operations Supervisor, Retina - SouthPark
- Posted: July 8, 2021
LocationsShowing 1 locationCharlotte, NC 28210, USA
- Actively supervise clinical staff & patient services for assigned department or location(s) to ensure the effective, efficient delivery of high quality patient care
- Supervise clinical staff, including:
- Developing & disseminating schedules
- Managing time & attendance in the HRIS system, as well as analyzing reports to ensure adherence to company policies and staffing optimization
- Assisting with performance management, to include coaching and corrective action as needed
- Identifying individual growth and development opportunities to positively impact employee engagement, performance, and retention
- Monitor applicable dashboards, reports, messages, & workqueues in the EHR system as assigned to optimize clinic operations
- Manage applicable clinical inventory, including
- Decrementing and receiving the inventory using the approved Purchasing workflow/process as provided by the Purchasing Department
- Maintaining direct knowledge of the clinical supplies and medications in the corresponding location(s)
- Partnering with providers and staff for successful and timely ordering
- Establishing the workflow, training staff, and holding staff accountable to ensure timely supply submission and receipt
- Collaborating with the Purchasing Department to streamline ordering processes to include setting PAR levels, identifying where supplies are stored, and where and how they are delivered
- Stocking central supply and assigning the appropriate clinical staff to ensure rooms are appropriately stocked to the room specific PAR daily
- Working with providers and the Purchasing Department on special projects as identified by Senior Leadership (such as establishing standards for supply ordering by specialty)
- Order clinical (medical & pharmacological) supplies through the CEENTA delineated Purchasing System as defined by the Purchasing Department and ultimately the Finance Department
- Work with CEENTA leaders and staff on clinical equipment maintenance & repairs using defined workflows
- Assist with the operational aspects of provider on & off boarding
- Assist with developing schedules for technical and clinical educational program students
- Mentor technical and clinical educational program students
- Assist with daily clinic functions as needed
- Support the Operations Manager with meeting financial objectives as outlined by Executive Leadership; examples include:
- Reviewing monthly financial statements
- Establishing methods to meet or exceed budgeted visit volume, staff allocation, &/or revenue
- Maximizing the collection of patient payments
- Upholding financial policies and procedures through staff accountability and patient education
- Facilitating the annual strategic budgetary process, forecasting need for capital equipment, staff, etc.
- Identifying innovative revenue-generating or cost-saving measures
- Charge capture for identified provider services
- Maintain patient relations by rounding in patient care areas and promptly and appropriately responding to questions or concerns, escalating to the Operations Manager as needed
- Document patient concerns into the electronic monitoring system
- Promote technological offerings that enhance the patient experience, such as CEENTA’s patient portal and online scheduling
- Collaborate with providers and staff to enhance the patient experience, including training and coaching on patient experience objectives
Training & Communication:
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of clinical competencies for assigned ophthalmic clinical staff in collaboration with the Operations Supervisor, Ophthalmic Clinical Services
- Assist with the evaluation of clinical competencies for assigned ophthalmic clinical staff and realize development opportunities for cross training of team
- Ensure all staff are trained and up to date on company Policies and Procedures
- Enforce safety & compliance protocols
- Ensure staff are compliant updating certifications & completing annual required training as applicable
- Train staff on new & existing workflows, including reinforcing EHR system procedures
- Assist with onboarding & training for new employees
- Engage in regular communication with staff, including participation in one on ones and monthly staff meetings with the Operations Manager
- Support Operations Manager in maintaining provider relationships through open communication regarding clinic considerations and organizational updates
- Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
- The ability to work on-site
- Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to manage and foster a team environment
- Must have willingness to accept and lead change, new processes and methods for continuous improvement to ensure quality and efficient operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proficient in Electronic Medical Record systems
- Ability to communicate effectively & professionally (written and verbal)
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Building Patient Loyalty - Effectively meeting patient needs; building productive patient relationships; taking responsibility for patient satisfaction and loyalty.
- Building Positive Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Initiative - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Attention to Detail - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients in the applicable clinical area.
Clinical competencies must meet or exceed the requirements of ophthalmic assistants.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Operations Supervisor, Retina impacts CEENTA’s ability to achieve its mission by supervising clinical operations and staff for their assigned department or location(s) to ensure effective, efficient delivery of high-quality patient care and an excellent patient experience. This role ensures responsible financial management of high-dollar pharmaceuticals for the Retina Service.
This position supervises ophthalmic clinical staff and reports to the Operations Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
Graduate of an International Council of Accreditation (ICA) accredited clinical training program or completion of an International Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (IJCAHPO) or American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) independent study course preferred.
One to three years’ supervisory experience in a medical office setting preferred.
Three to five years’ applicable experience, Retina service line preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) certification from the IJCAHPO preferred.
Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
6-8 weeks of on the job training with the Operations Manger
Supply Ordering Training with the Purchasing Department; mandatory refresher training to occur biannually
EHR training will be provided
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Operations Supervisor, Retina functions in a multi-specialty clinic or clinics with high patient volume. This role may be exposed to contagious or infectious diseases, and therefore, may be required to wear personal protective equipment at times. This position routinely uses standard medical office equipment, including computers and multi-line telephones.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position with core business hours Mondays-Fridays. Hours are subject to variation based upon business needs.
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently moves clinical &/or office supplies.
- Occasionally assists with moving or positioning wheel-chair bound patients and/or clinical equipment.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit in front of a computer; type; perform repetitive mouse clicks; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms to assist patients and/or providers/staff.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs, squat, kneel, or carry.
- May support procedures or services requiring fine manipulation.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to interpret data
Travel to other CEENTA locations required depending on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A Typical Day in the Position
A typical day for the Operations Supervisor, Retina involves supervising &/or assisting with daily operations of their assigned clinical department or location(s) to ensure providers and staff can deliver effective, efficient, high-quality patient care that results in an excellent patient experience. They promptly and appropriately respond to questions or concerns from patients, providers, and staff. They manage clinical staff schedules, time & attendance, and performance management. They maintain clinical supply inventory and ensure clinical equipment is in good working order.