Operations Manager – OBGYN and Urology
Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends
$30.61 – $60.53 Hourly
July 17, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory/management experience in a Healthcare setting required
- Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations and procedures to define objectives, identify pattern and formulate conclusions
- Skill in planning, preparing and analyzing complete revenue and expenses budgets
- Ability to creatively integrate competing demands of an outpatient setting into a productive working environment
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with a patient population in varying degrees of health and effective communication with staff, faculty and the general public in conveying information to varying organizational levels
- Working knowledge of University policies and procedures to appropriately manage accounting systems, cashiering, risk management and personnel.
- Previous demonstrated expertise in managing patient services and nursing staffing
- Skill and experience in developing Quality Improvement plans to include using the Lean Process (A3)
Knowledge of Title 22, JCAHO, CDPH (CLIA and Radiology) and NCQA guidelines
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with patients, staff and physicians; give and receive information, clarify policies, and mediate if necessary with patients, physicians, and technologists
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to adapt and implement frequently changing procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of health system registration procedures.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Department and Health System computer systems, including scheduling procedures in the appropriate computer system
- Basic mathematical skills to compute discounts in billing and prepare all billing/payment reports accurately
- Ability to be flexible with working hours given adequate notice and ability to work weekends are required by the assigned practice(s)
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered