Operating Room Assistant – Westwood
Allied Health Misc
US – Los Angeles, CA
M-F 1430-2300 rotating weekends and Holidays
$18.72 – $24.69 Hourly
February 23, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
· Physical requirements: Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 50lbs. or more. Dexterity to operate equipment.
· Awareness of potential exposure to injury of hazardous materials. Knowledge of disinfectants germicides, and sterilants.
· Knowledge of department specialty equipment (name, storage location, use, basic function, and trouble-shooting)
· Knowledge of infection control, AORN, and AAMI standards related to job function
· Knowledge of government regulations: JCAHO, OSHA, Waste Management
· Consistently demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Actively participates in Quality Management and PIE programs.
· Knowledge of Operating Room zones (unrestricted, semi-restricted, and restricted)
· Knowledge of patient needs based on developmental and chronological age and surgical specialty service (i.e. transport of patient, positioning, etc.). Knowledge of disinfection principles and use of disinfecting agents.
· Knowledge of basic principles of aseptic technique as applicable (i.e. tying sterile surgical gowns, donning sterile gloves). Skill in operating an addressograph machine. Able to fulfill call requirements and responsibilities.
· Knowledge about General Surgery cases regarding equipment, positioning, specific needs, supplies, etc.
Preferred: Previous Hospital OR experience
Share this job