Ohio Region Clinical Manager
This job is available in 2 locations
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with members of the clinical and operations team at the regional, market and center level to identify opportunities to improve clinical performance of back office personnel and functions. Develops, implements and monitors the effectiveness of performance improvement activities.
- Executes national training initiatives. Educates staff on new/revised policies and procedures. Develops, implements and documents training for back office staff based on identified market, center and individual needs.
- Supports the performance management and review process for back office personnel by providing feedback to managers and providing education, guidance and coaching where needed.
- In partnership with the Center Manager, coaches and develops Care Supervisors to be effective leaders.
- Participates in the interview process for back office personnel, including but not limited to: Care Supervisors, Care Team Leads, Care Promoters, X-ray Techs and Med Techs. Accountable for the functional onboarding of back office personnel in accordance with ChenMed Standards. Provides staffing oversight to ensure adequate coverage across centers.
- Supervises Lead, Medication Technicians. Ensures standards associated with physician dispensing are adhered to. Monitors medication adherence processes to position the market for 5 STAR status.
- Performs regular monitoring activities to ensure compliance with national and organizational standards of care. Clinically prepares the market for internal and external quality audits and helps lead the market response to any clinical deficiencies found.
- Maintains current knowledge of state regulations for nursing, medicine and pharmacy as it relates to scope of practice for back office personnel.
- Assists with patient care activities as needed.
- Identifies appropriate resources to educate patients, their families and staff members on clinical conditions and processes.
- Oversees clinical quality and patient safety through training and education of the back office personnel and administrative staff. Works closely with the Market clinical and operations leaders to ensure day-to-day clinical efficiencies in the market.
- Prepares each market for internal and external quality audits and responds to the audit results with keen attention to any and all identified deficiencies.
- Ensures that clinical processes, policies and procedures are adhered to in the market.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed business acumen and acuity
- Knowledgeable of patient safety and quality improvement initiatives and practices
- Superior clinical/patient care skills
- Knowledge of immunizations, geriatrics, cultural diversity, performance improvement and coding
- Thorough understanding of customer satisfaction and patient safety needs
- Good understanding of patient healthcare outcomes and patient safety data
- Exceptional ability to communicate and work with PCPs, clinicians, patients and other team members in a professional manner
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of clinical professionals
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of clinical procedures, legal rules and regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Team management skills
- Exceptional people and time and project management skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in observation, training and evaluating clinical/patient care competencies
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Superb ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 40% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English; bilingual preferred
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- AA/AS degree in Nursing required
- BA/BS degree in Nursing (BSN), Healthcare Administration or a closely related field preferred
- A valid, active Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s)/market(s) of employment required
- A minimum of 5 years’ direct nursing/medical work experience required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Nursing manager/supervisor or in a similar leadership capacity required
- BLS certification for healthcare providers required
The Market Clinical Manager (MCM) is a multi-market leadership position responsible for supporting clinical operations within medical centers. The incumbent in this role ensures ChenMed clinical processes are implemented in a scalable, consistent manner across their designated markets. He/She assures the highest levels of quality and safety while fostering a culture of responsibility and accountability among clinical team members. The MCM works closely with market, center clinical and operational leadership to support care team integrity, care supervisor development and the ongoing improvement of back office operations.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director