Northeast Philadelphia, PA
Provide overall administrative management and coordination of office operations and personnel in the physician Office. Ensures that the office carries out the overall objectives, mission and goals of the organization.
Full-Time 40 Hours/Week Days
- High school diploma. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant course preferred.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience in a medical office setting.
- Must have experience working with medical billing systems and managed care carriers.
- Must incorporate customer service skills in dealing with personnel, physicians, patients and families. Must express information in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Must have three years of previous experience in supervising and training personnel.
- Must use a problem solving process in making business and personnel decisions.
Licensure, Certification & Registration Requirements:
- If working as a Medical Assistant, graduation from an accredited Medical Assistance Course preferred.
- Maintains CPR Certification on a yearly basis.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.