The Office Manger will supervise the daily operations of the facility to ensure a smooth,efficient operations process is carried out daily. You will work closely with Physicians to ensure that quality patient care is maintained.
Your Job Requirements:
- Associates degree in health or business administration or at least 5 years experience in a similar position within a physician’s office, hospital, clinic or other healthcare facility preferred.
- Affiliation with American Association of Professional Coders and completion of Professional Association Healthcare Office Manager training preferred
- Strong positive interpersonal skills; high degree of initiative, sense of organization and ability to identify and resolve problems.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates physician office operations in conjunction with the physicians and practice management administrator, hires, supervises and evaluates staff per policy.
- Orients and trains new staff.
- Maintains all personnel records for the facility in cooperation with Human Resources.
- Prepares work schedules and ensures adequate staff coverage, monitors time off requests and resolves workload distribution issues.
- Totals all employee hours for submission to Human Resources, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitates communications to address operational issues on a timely basis.
- Conducts regular periodic staff meetings to inform staff of changes in policies, discuss areas of concern, and to provide necessary inservice training.
- Records results of meetings.
- Identifies areas of conflict to physicians and/or Administrator and suggests resolutions.
- Implements and monitors compliance with office policies and procedures.
- Ensures OSHA and/or CLIA environmental control plan is maintained in the office; trains employees on the standards.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained per appropriate regulations.
- Assesses outside service and equipment needs with involved staff and physician; makes recommendations to Administrator.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary office and medical supplies are maintained at a level adequate for efficient operations.
- Maintains inventory maintenance procedures and ensures orders are prepared as appropriate.
- Reviews monthly supply expenditures against budget and reports to Administrator.
- In cooperation with the Administrator, implements financial policies and monitors cash collections to ensure adherence to policy.
- Maintains strict cash control.
- Regularly reviews Explanation of Benefits (EOB) comparing billed charges to reimbursement to monitor pricing/coding activity.
- Ensures patient’s insurance benefits are verified to determine of coverage meets the standards as stated in the organization policy.
- Establishes payment arrangement procedures, per facility policy, when required by patient financial circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned