Office Assistant Float, MSO Services, Full-Time
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Stevensville, MD
Posted Date: January 13, 2021
The Office Assistant Float can work in any HealthCare Enterprises (HCE) practice performing an important variety of duties including: greeting, registering, scheduling, and checking out patients on a computerized practice management system. Responsibilities also include maintaining and safe-keeping of patient medical records and contributing to smooth patient flow within the office. The Office Assistant Float provides stellar customer service in all patient interactions whether in face to face meetings or by telephone. The Office Assistant Float works in a cooperative, friendly and results oriented manner with all other members of the practice staff and the Physician(s).
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Registers and schedules patients accurately and fully; prints documents to include the providers daily schedule; accesses and makes changes to the patients quickview screen; utilizes the patient privacy link, workflow dashboard, and card scanner properly. Processes the ordering of office supplies in accordance with practice standards.
- Handles petty cash and associated documentation; collects copays and patient balances; completes charge entry at patient check-out accurately; performs end of day balancing and reconciliation of time of service (TOS) batches.
- Determines patient eligibility using programs such as Medicaid EVS; identifies when a patient is in need of a referral and/or preauthorization; searches for or adds insurances in the practice management system; edits claims properly.
- Uses the electronic health record. Completes accurate and timely data input within the bounds of record access and in compliance with the processes and procedures governing the electronic health record. Accesses patient record information as it directly pertains to the performance of work duties.
- Answers and screens office calls, greets patients in a professional and timely manner; projects proper telephone etiquette; understands when it is acceptable to release patients protected health information.
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting.
- High School Diploma
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Valid drivers license and dependable transportation required.
- Experience operating multi-line phone systems, fax machines, photocopiers, and other office equipment..
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)