Job ID: 84471
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-4:30p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Capital Region
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Plans, organizes, and conducts individualized occupational therapy programs to help patients develop, regain, or maintain their ability to perform daily living/working activities. Teaches patients skills, techniques, and to use adaptive equipment for participating in activities. Studies, evaluates, and records patients’ activities and progress. Required Occupation Therapy Licensure in Maryland.
The following job description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Obtains relevant data from medical record, patient/family interview, and/or team members.
2. Administers standardized and non standardized assessments.
3. Modifies evaluation tools and treatment activities to maximize patient’s performance.
4. Incorporates patient’s values, interests and goals into treatment as feasible.
5. Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship with patient.
6. Intervenes appropriately when patient shows signs of fatigue, pain, frustration or changes in medical status during treatment.
7. Discontinues occupational therapy services according to departmental procedures.
8. Ensures patient’s safety during treatment.
9. Identifies and prioritizes patient’s problems to be addressed.
10. Recommends appropriate discharge recommendations.
Error! Reference source not found. 2
11. Selects and/or fabricates splints, slings & casts that are appropriate, well-fitting and attractive.
12. Provides appropriate documentation and communication of patient care.
a. Documents initiation and/or completion of initial evaluation and treatment plan within the appropriate time frame.
b. Performs weekly or periodic re- evaluations appropriate to setting, condition of patient per departmental policy/procedure.
c. Sets short term goals and long term goals that are, relevant, attainable, functional and measuurable.
d. Performs documentation that is timely, accurate, complete, concise and legible.
e. Uses appropriate grammar, medical terminology and hospital approved abbreviations.
f. Completes formal discharge summary or discharge note when appropriate per depatmental policy within the appropriate time frame.
13. At Laurel Regional Hospital, must be able to participate in community outings for patients who require it as part of their treatment program. May be required to dirve to a specific location in order to provide therapy services as part of the patient’s plan of care. Must evaluate the safety and appropriateness of a proposed site and identify appropriate patient populations for the community outing.
1. Greets customers in courteous, friendly, respectful and professional manner at all times, including maintaining eye contact when appropriate.
2. Follows communication protocols to both internal and external customers, including introducing him/herself with job title and experience, asking open ended questions, such as “How may I be of help to you?” using the customer’s name as soon as it is learned.
3. Responds promptly and appropriately to customer questions/concerns/complaints and attempts immediate resolution.
4. Keeps customer’s information confidential, including public places such as elevators or the cafeteria.
5. Provides assistance and offers help immediately, including finding someone else to meet the request, if unable to do so him/herself. Introduce other staff to customers when a hand-off occurs and explain that the person will provide excellent service.
6. Demonstrates commitment to excellent service recovery when a customer’s expectations have not been met.
Commitment to Co-Workers:
1. Offers assistance to colleagues and other departments when needed.
2. Takes responsibility for solving problems regardless of origin; completes assignments, and respects
What You Need to Be Successful:
Required: Current Maryland license in good standing as a Occupational Therapist.
Life Support Certification: (Check all that apply)
Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Education/Knowledge (see attached explanation sheet)
Attained Level: Advanced Professional
Completed Course Work/Program: B.S. or B.A. in Occupational Therapy from an accedited school
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on