Occupational Therapist – Outpatient – Neuro – PRN
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: July 20, 2021
Evaluates patients for occupational therapy services and provides therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients and documents according to departmental standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs occupational evaluations and develops an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patient’s rehabilitation needs within the care continuum and according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Selects and competently uses a variety of appropriate treatment techniques.
- Documents a patients’ response to treatment and supports medical necessity for the continuation of skilled care.
- Consistently documents a patients’ vital signs and patient/family education according to departmental standards.
- Documents functional and measureable goals in the occupational therapy plan of care and updates them according to departmental standards.
- Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants, Rehab Aides, students, and volunteers.
- Meets departmental productivity standards.
- Routinely consults with physicians and other clinicians to increase knowledge of occupational therapy and to identify the need for occupational therapy services.
- Participates in interdisciplinary/team meetings, MD/student in-services, and monthly departmental meetings when indicated. Actively participates in departmental in-service activities and attends continuing education seminars
- Participates in and completes materials related to departmental process improvement, departmental yearly competencies, productivity logs/patient statistics, and HealthStream in a timely manner.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation or related experience
- Current license to practice Occupational Therapy by the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification
- A minimum of 0.5 FTE status is required to hold this position
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy lifting
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)