Nursing Staff RN, Intermediate Care Unit, Nights, Wilkes Medical Center "Job Details"
North Wilkesboro, NC, United States
- 1370 West D St, North Wilkesboro, NC, 28659, US
08/03/2021, 2:23 PM
This job qualifies for a $10,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
Responsible for a plan of care for all patients that reflects an extensive knowledge base including a theory base in anatomy and physiology, educational information, and psycho-social information to respond to the needs of patients of all ages and family members. Safety, education, and the need for rest are never overlooked in the plan of care. The plan of care also takes into consideration appropriateness, based on the clinical area of need for the patient. All interactions of the nurse with the patient, family members, and other team members reflect the shared vision of the Family Centered Care Program.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required. One year of med-surgical nursing preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 1 year of hire for Adult Critical Care, Adult ED Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 1 year of hire for Network ED, Peds ED, PICU and NICU, and other areas per unit guidelines
- Provides patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC. 2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior. 3. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff. 4. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team. 5. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking. 6. Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned, waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations. 7. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community. 8. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes. 9. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care Strong interpersonal communication skills Ability to work collaboratively Solid written and oral communication skills
Ability to tolerate moderate to high stress levels Subject to occasional crowded conditions Moderate noise environment Handles emergency or crisis situations Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations Regular exposure to the risk of blood borne diseases, infections and contagious diseases Contact with patients, family members, community members, co-workers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances Handles absentee replacement on short notice Required to wear PPE
0% 35% 65% to to to 35% 65% 100% N/A Activity X Standing X Walking X Sitting X Bending X Reaching with arms X Finger and hand dexterity X Talking X Hearing X Seeing Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling: X 20 lbs. maximum X 50 lbs. maximum X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.