Nursing Services Data Analyst – Nursing Administration – Full Time
Category: Administrative/General Support
Facility: Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: January 11, 2022
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer and working daily directly with Director of Nurse Practice and Quality the Nursing Services Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Department of Patient Care Services in areas that include National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI), Nursing Dashboard, Nursing Sensitive Indicators, and Patient Care outcomes to improve clinical patient outcomes.
Responsibilities include data entry, data collection, data measurement, data organization, and data analysis within the Patient Care Services Division. This includes but is not limited to data integrity through complete and accurate data collection, review and entry.
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborates well with others, fosters trust and demonstrates compassion.
- Ability to work side by side with other areas of hospital and healthcare system in order to provide efficient and seamless process flows.
- Demonstrates agility while maintaining dedication to optimizing the delivery of high quality care
- Build clear and intuitive analyses of data to convey information quickly
- Gain a detailed understanding of the business and clinical operations driving analytical needs.
- Analyze data using EMR tools, SQL, and Power BI tools to develop new insights about patient care
- Translating data into accessible information.
- Identifying new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Document work thoroughly and contribute to our culture of collaboration.
- Ability to communicate with physicians, nurses, administration and other departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a healthcare setting with proven experience as a clinical data analyst. Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient in tableau
- Advance knowledge in EPIC software and Microsoft excel
- Experience with patient satisfaction research platforms and EPIC
- Familiarity with survey design, methodology, data collection modes, and patient satisfaction measures.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and audiences using excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Proven working experience in data analysis
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)