Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager/designee for overall practice. In his/her absence is responsible to the Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse or Clinical Coordinator of the shift. Works under the direct supervision of a professional nurse and is responsible to her/him for the care/duties assigned.
1) High School graduate or GED.
2) Completion of a patient care training course is preferred.
1) Previous experience in a position with patient care activity is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Updates knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis including, but not limited to successful completion and maintenance of job related competencies.
2) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
3) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
4) Uses verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
5) Demonstrates high level of mental and emotional tolerance, uses tact, sensitivity and sound judgments.
6) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
1) Nursing Assistant Certification preferred.
2) If Nursing Assistant Certified must be certified by the state of Pennsylvania.
3) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
4) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.