Starr Regional Medical Center
Nurse Tech – Medical & Surgical –– Full-Time– Day Shift position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
• Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
• Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nursing student or completion of a licensed nursing assistant program is preferred.
- One year of recent acute care experience is preferred.
- BLS through American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required within 60 days of hire.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervisor.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 70 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating affiliates and subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc.