State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Nurse Specialist (40hrs, Nursing Education)
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 40503BR
Job Summary: The Nurse Specialist is responsible and accountable for assessing educational needs and planning, implementing, evaluating and revising educational activities to meet these identified needs. Promotes excellence in nursing practice by providing consultation to staff and serving as a clinical resource to nurses and others, and facilitates professional development within the staff. Improves nursing practice by evaluating patient outcomes and standards of care. Conducts formal and informal educational programs to support patient care. Provides leadership that supports departmental policies and goals. Works with staff to develop patient education materials. Organizes and oversees formal nursing orientation. Demonstrates skill in problem solving.
- Participates in/leads departmental and multidisciplinary committees when requested and communicates information appropriately.
- Anticipates needed changes or potential problems and implements effective corrective actions.
- Offers, seeks out, and acts upon constructive feedback regarding professional practice.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to enhance patient care and advance nursing practice.
- General resource for Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham clinical policies and procedures.
- Master's degree required.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in demonstrated expertise in clinical nursing practice and progressively responsible clinical experience.
- Experience in teaching and/or program planning. Commitment to professional nursing practice.
- Ability to organize resources appropriately; ability to work independently with other services and departments in the hospital.
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution. Knowledge of systems and the change process desirable.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply