Senior Registered Nurse (RN) FT Intensive Care Unit / Neuro ICU
Job ID: 88200
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7p
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
Senior Registered Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit/ Neuro ICU
Full-Time Nights (7p-7a)
We are seeking a Senior ICU Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at the University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus.
The ICU/Neuro ICU is an 18-bed nursing unit. 12-beds are dedicated to med-surg ICU patients and 6-beds are designated for Neuro ICU patients. All patient rooms are private. The nurse-patient ratio for ICU-level patients is 1:2 and 1:1 for more critical patients.
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus has had a long history of working to keep our community healthy. Located in Baltimore’s cultural center near the historic Mount Vernon neighborhood, UMMC Midtown Campus is a 200-bed non-profit, community teaching hospital, and part of the University of Maryland Medical System.
When you join or team of Registered Nurses, you’ll become a part of a close-knit group of more than 1,000 staff members who provide care in 30+ specialties. Our team is focused on delivering the best care possible to every patient and to supporting each other.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC Midtown Campus, you’ll experience:
- A competitive pay scale
- A collaborative and compassionate environment
- A comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage
- Vacation time + sick time + personal days, tuition reimbursement, retirement contributions and more!
When we say “our community” we mean it.
· EPIC [electronic medical record (EMR)] with on-site support
· Self-scheduling-12 hour shifts with every third weekend
· Professional Advancement Model (PAM) in conjunction with the Nursing Roadmap for advancement opportunities
· Tuition Reimbursement/Referral bonus
· Unit-based committees to support projects and goals
· Support for shared governance participation and engagement
· Hospital-Wide Nurse Residency Program for New Nurse Graduates
The CNIII functions in the clinical setting as described in the RN: Clinical, job description. In addition, the CNIII may function as charge nurse and/or preceptor, and are nurse leaders. They will be an expert in all of the following, as they relate to their unit: core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, unit-based/annual competencies, National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching, and suicide assessment. These nurses demonstrate the ability to lead groups of nurses and/or interdisciplinary groups, set nursing practice standards, evaluate nursing practice, plan for implementation of changes to practice, and ensure changes are made that positively impact nursing practice. He/she participates and collaborates with other disciplines to positively impact improvements in patient outcomes. He/she is able to articulate best practices and speak to nursing research/science/or literature for a specialty area in nursing. He/she demonstrates professional interpersonal skills that facilitate patient customer satisfaction scores that reflect highly on the practice of nursing at Maryland General Hospital. He/she monitors customer service standards for his/her areas of practice and ensures others always strive to improve in this practice area. He/she takes an active role in improving and changing nursing service in a positive manner and facilitates the spirit of teamwork. The CNIII will maintain active membership on a nursing council/committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand, follow protocols and help others with; core measures, restraints, falls, wound, pain, customer service, unit based/annual competencies National Patient Safety Goals, critical values, patient teaching and suicide assessment.
2. Functions as charge nurse and/or preceptor.
3. Follow current standards of practice and works with staff to assure practice is followed throughout unit/area.
4. Resource to staff on the unit/area.
5. Collaborate with other disciplines as well as nurses from other units/areas.
6. Leads committee/task force to plan, evaluate, and change practice.
7. Actively works to improve nursing services and teamwork.
8. Identifies issues on the unit with patient care, flow, etc. Develops plans, presents to manager for suggestions, approval and assistance in implementation as needed.
9. Educational Experts for Units ( CNII and CNIII)
- Super users/Train the trainers
- Develops unit base education tools
- Establishes peer review criteria
- Clinical oversight of unit preceptors
- Act as unit mentors
- Performs clinical marathons for units (core/mandatory competencies, equipment, population competencies, new hires)
What You Need to Be Successful:
- BSN encouraged.
- RN with a minimum of five years of clinical experience.
- The nurse has met and demonstrated CNII and CNIII standards.
- Certification is required.
- Professional Organization membership is highly encouraged.
For more information, call or text Madison Couch at 410-988-4178 or schedule a call here: https://calendly.com/madison-couch
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I've been with the University of Maryland Medical System for 10 years. And I've been with Shore Regional Health for all of those 10 years. And what has kept me with Shore Regional Health is the fact that we have been able to become one with the University of Maryland Medical System. And so becoming part of this larger network has given us access to resources and groups of providers and technology and efficiency in our processes here on Eastern Shore that we wouldn't have otherwise had. And so this collaboration and this becoming one with the University of Maryland Medical System has been really what's been able to allow us to achieve our goal here at Shore Regional Health, which is that of creating healthier communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW