NURSE RESIDENT - ONCOLOGY/GENERAL MEDICINE FEATURED
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging nursing position, you'll work with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients in a Magnet®- designated hospital. You’ll be at the heart of our patient-centered care, valued for your compassion as you continually strive to improve the patient experience. With clear communication and dedication to building relationships that promote a collaborative environment, you’ll be accountable for your performance and empowered to take initiative for your professional growth — while being engaged and eager to build a winning team.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas by beginning of the residency required.
- Residency is open to new graduates or experienced RNs with less than one year experience or seeking to enter acute care for the first time.
START DATE: February 2020
The residency program begins on .
Residents are required to attend ALL classes and be able to follow the schedule of their assigned preceptors throughout the entire clinical rotation of the residency program. A full-time, 36 hours per week schedule must be maintained throughout the first year of the residency program. Time off requests during the precept portion of the residency may not be granted.
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist