Nurse Practitioner – Sympton Management Oncology
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: February 2, 2021
To provide supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on acute/same day care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician; services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAHS.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Refers patients to appropriate licensed physician or other health care provider as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Two (2) years of related clinical nursing experience.
- Current Board Certification as Nurse Practitioner.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)