Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Buckeye, Arizona
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Job DescriptionOverviewCenturion is proud to be the provider of comprehensive healthcare services to the Arizona Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team at Arizona State Prison Complex located in Buckeye, Arizona.
The Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant works under the supervision of a physician in a correctional environment and is responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management. This includes collaborating with a multidisciplinary team, performing assessments, diagnosing patients, and medication management.
- Maintains nurse practitioner license, registration or certification to practice medicine with physician supervision in jurisdiction
- Must have and maintain an active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration certificate
- Maintains written collaborative practice agreement if required by state licensure
- Must show current tuberculosis screening documentation and active CPR certification
- Must be able to pass background investigation, drug screen and obtain agency security clearance where applicable
- Minimum of one-year experience working in an adult primary care or urgent care practice
- Experience in a correctional or institutional setting preferred
Full-time day shift
Monday - Friday shifts working 4 10's or 5 8's
Call = Telephonic Only
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
Some of the unique benefits of correctional healthcare include:
- A clinically interesting, diverse patient population in a secure and structured setting
- Exciting and rewarding career in one of the fastest growing areas of healthcare
- Freedom from insurance, coding and reimbursement hassles
- Ability to make a real difference to an important and underserved population
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. ("Centurion") is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.