Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) – Spine Program
Job ID: 81177
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Rotating
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
We are seeking a full-time Orthopaedic Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to work in The University of Maryland Spine Program. Our spine program offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art evaluation and non-surgical and surgical treatment of all spinal disorders.
In this role, you will help care for orthopaedic patients in an outpatient setting while working with well-respected spine surgeons in a premier academic hospital center as well as working in collaboration with residents and fellows. The position is Monday–Friday with no evenings, weekends, holidays and no call.
- Interview patients for health history and perform physical examination
- Order and evaluate appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Document H & P, progress notes, and treatment plans
- Act as liaison between patients and physicians to coordinate recommended patient care as well as pre- and post-operative care.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement meetings
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Education/Training – Graduation from a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA). Bachelor’s degree required OR A Master of Science degree, with completion of a Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Experience – Experience is preferred, but not necessary. New graduates are welcome to apply.
- License/Certification – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification. Current license with the Maryland Board of Physicians. OR Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Nursing, and certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the area of specialization
Benefits at University of Maryland include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday
- Retirement plan — 403-B with % employer match
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on