Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) – Lung Transplant
Job ID: 90765
Area of Interest: Advanced Practice Provider
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8-430; rotating weekend coverage
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Not Indicated
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is seeking a Lung Transplant Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) with a desire to join our multidisciplinary team!
The lung transplant team at the University of Maryland is one of the most experienced in the nation. We have a reputation for treating a broad range of patients with advanced lung disease, including those considered high-risk, such as older patients and those with complex conditions.
General Position Overview:
We are looking for an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner who will be working with lung transplant patients. The NP will join a multidisciplinary team of prestigious providers in providing both inpatient and outpatient care to this population. Prior NP experience is preferred; however, new graduates would be considered. This is an opportunity for a new graduate to be mentored from our senior NP staff and transplant physicians. The NP will be responsible for diagnosing and treating patients in collaboration with physician colleagues. There is a strong emphasis in providing continuity of patient care by facilitating and coordinating communication between the health care team, patient, and patient’s family. Additionally, the NP will coordinate care to ensure quality, cost effective care; appropriate length of stay; and patient safety. The NP serves as the key link to integrate relevant research and best practices.
** Our Team offers a very attractive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package, including generous tuition support program, and relocation assistance. Located in downtown Baltimore, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work and grow! **
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Master of Science or Doctorate in Nursing Practice, with completion of an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program. Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Nursing, and certified as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland. Certified in area of specialty. (Copy of written agreement with physician signed by the physician and nurse practitioner and written approval by the Joint Committee for Nurse Practitioners pursuant to COMAR 10.27.07.06A.)
- DEA and CDS eligible
- ACLS & BLS is required
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, publishing, and/or certification in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with patient families, departmental units, medical and nursing staff on all essential matters. Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
- Maintains updated hospital safety and other mandatory training.
- Updated immunizations as recommended per practice area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW