Quality Care Our Heroes Deserve
Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 250,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, you'll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Opportunity - Butler Pennsylvania
Student Loan Repayment and 54 Days Off Annually
The Butler, PennsylvaniaVA Medical Center is seeking a highly qualified Mental Health Nurse Practitioner who wants to help our Veterans and work in the in the largest, most technology advanced integrated health care system in the nation. As a VA CRNP, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of the VA, you will have a wide variety of opportunities at your fingertips.
The Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) utilizeshis/her clinical skillsto facilitate, coordinate, and deliver comprehensive mental health care to eligible Veterans in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System. The CRNP will be responsible for assessing and providing therapy for a panel of Veterans. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for mental health, substance abuse and social health screenings. The CRNP will collaborate with physicians, peers, and other appropriate staff at VA Butler Healthcare and the health care community to develop, implement, and track individualized patient treatment plans and processes to facilitate and manage coordination of the Veterans health care.The Advanced Practice Nurse will function under an individualized Scope ofPractice.
Work schedule: 8:00am to 4:30pm 4 days a week and one day of 10:00-6:30pm.
The Nurse Practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in any US State, possess a masters degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.
This position requires certification as Psych/Mental Health NP.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insuranceoptions available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. You'll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer