Every step my patients take
is a huge achievement for them.
I'm here to cheer them on.
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Nurse Practitioner-Diabetes (40hrs)
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Req ID: 42101BR
Job Summary: The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, treatment, and documentation of medical and nursing care.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates plan of care for patients
- Elicits a patient history, performs a physical exam, orders screening and diagnostic tests and interprets this information to establish a diagnosis and plan of care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the diagnostic process while establishing priorities to meet health and medical needs.
- Develops and implements a plan of care based on scientific principles, clinical expertise, and the context of the patient's life and culture, including prescribing treatments and medications within the guidelines of practice.
- Documents plan in the medical record in a clear, concise manner and forwards to patient's PCP as needed.
- Master's degree required .
- License required: Nurse Practitioner License,Registration required: Nursing License
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Adult Diabetes Care Experience Preferred
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.
-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply