Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
Location Morrow, Georgia, United States of America Category Physicians Job Id R0018436
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems. Performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents and implements a patient management plan in response to the data obtained. This also includes assisting in the development of the nursing plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education.
- Plans patient care based on in-depth knowledge of the specific patient population and/ or protocol, anticipating and identifying physiological and/ or psychological problems commonly encountered including the consideration of the patient’s cultural background, level of understanding, personality and support systems. Serves as patient advocate.
- Patient management includes the following:
- Writes admission, transfers and discharges orders.
- Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Orders of appropriate medication and treatments.
- Refers patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.
- Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
- May perform invasive procedures independently upon the completion of documented competency.
- Participates in patient care rounds and conferences. Communicates patient management strategies to members of the patient care team. Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care needs.
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
- Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to analyze and evaluate current systems of health care delivery to identify and implement new practice patterns as appropriate.
- Participates in outside activities that enhance personal and professional growth and development.
- Initiates arrangements and writes orders for SNF discharges and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, PT, social workers, family and key caregivers to transition the patient to a lower level of care as soon as medically appropriate.
- Introduces self to patient/family and explain nurse practitioner role.
- Facilitates patient/family conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource utilization, provide family education and identify post-SNF needs.
- Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the patient’s/family’s ability to make informed decisions re: goals of care, palliative care and hospice.
- Facilitates discharge to appropriate level of care and uses preferred providers when additional services are required.
- Prescribes medication to patients based on State of practice.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated record of consistently achieving clinical performance metrics in current role
- Strong Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be caring and empathetic and have great listening skills
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to pay close attention to patient charts, medications, and follow-up on details of patient care
- Basic computer skills and some knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This position may require 50-75% of local travel
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Current Nurse Practitioner Certification in the State of practice required
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support required
- Board certification by AANP or ANCC is preferred but may be required for certain States
- Current DEA number from the DEA for schedule II-V controlled substances may be required based on State of practice
- 1 year of clinical and cardiology experience preferred, but willing to consider strong new graduates.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) acts as part of the clinical operations team and is responsible for providing direct patient care in ChenMed/Jencare medical centers, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and home settings depending on the nature of the assignment or providing assessments to members in SNF and home settings. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, diagnosis and treatment, development of the nursing plan of care, health education, physician referrals, case management referrals, follow-up and clear documentation according to ChenMed standards for quality, service, productivity and teamwork. It also includes the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth documentation through written progress notes and summaries. The Nurse Practitioner must demonstrate the ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals. Consults with the manager, physician, and medical director to ensure compliance with guidelines. This position may require participation in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings. The Nurse Practitioner will adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures. Functions independently as a certified nurse practitioner for a patient population in collaboration and consultation with a licensed patient care team physician. Practices in accordance with a written or electronic practice agreement.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director