Nurse Extern - Multiple Positions - Multiple Units
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Nurse Director/Manager/designee for overall practice. Works under the direct supervision of a professional nurse and is responsible to that Nurse for the care/duties assigned.
1) A student who is enrolled in a recognized professional nursing program and participated in initial clinical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
3) Uses verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
4) Demonstrates high level of mental and emotional tolerance, uses tact, sensitivity and sound judgments.
5) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.