Nurses in the department of Plastic Surgery’s Winston-Salem clinic room patients, take vitals, remove dressings, remove staples and sutures, redress wounds, and assist providers as needed in the clinic. They staff the 2 cosmetic ORs in Plastic Surgery, in the OR they are scrub nurses and recovery nurses.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides specialized nursing care/treatment to a specific group of patients. Participates in management and coordination of clinical research studies and provides supervision to nursing/nursing support personnel.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing with three years of nursing experience, one year of which should be in a related field, acute care or a specialty area required. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of North Carolina. Documented education and training in a specialized nursing area.
1. Serves as a nursing expert of specialized patient care, including direct patient care, assessment, documentation, treatment intervention and patient/family education and support in accordance with education/experience, established policies and procedures, and state licensure requirements.
2. Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to plan, develop, budget, implement, coordinate, manage, monitor and evaluate patient care guidelines/protocols for clinical programs and/or clinical research studies; assist with developing and implementing nursing care policies/procedures for the unit/area.
3. Participates in data collection, preparation of progress reports and quality control monitoring, analysis of data and the writing of scientific papers, and the publication of articles, book chapters, etc.
4. Acts as a liaison between and among health care providers, students, pharmaceutical companies, patients and/or community resources.
5. Participates in supervision of nursing and support personnel in a patient care and/or research area.
6. Maintains clinical and/or equipment inventory. Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment.
7. Participates in regular team meetings and continuous quality improvement activities.
8. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of care teams for coordination of patient care
Advanced clinical assessment skills
Ability to make sound and timely decisions
Ability to cooperate and work well with others
Self-directed and motivated
Subject to highly stressful situations
Moderate noise environment
Clean, well lit, and comfortable climate
Potential exposure to airborne/blood borne
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.