Every step my patients take
is a huge achievement for them.
I'm here to cheer them on.
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center our nurses make a difference each and every day. Here you will work in a collaborative environment where our patients come first. You are a patient advocate delivering compassionate care while ensuring safe nursing practices. We are Harvard with a heart and strive to build on our legacy of nursing excellence.
- Full Time
- Level: 1 + Years
- RN License
nurses at BIDMC, ensuring
every patient receives
of our nurses have a
or doctorate degree
dollars in scholarships awarded annually for
Health and Wellness Programs
$5 Red Sox Tickets
Req ID: 39319BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The Nurse Case Manager provides utilization management, care coordination and discharge planning for an assigned patient case load. This role is patient-focused, outcome-oriented and based on a general and speciality professional standards, and functions within a multidisciplinary practice model. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Conducts concurrent daily chart review, investigating patient history, symptoms, clinical status, and treatment utilizing Interqual ISD criteria as a tool to determine a patient's severity of illness and the intensity of service.
- Works with multidisciplinary team to develop treatment plans, including contingency plans.
- Leads daily case management rounds on assigned unit. Participates in house staff rounds.
- Provides necessary information to appropriate organization to obtain continued stay certification; assesses payers' and referring physicians' needs in regard to content and frequency of communications.
- Facilitates early referrals to social work, rehab services, patient advocacy, and quality management as needed.
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Certified Case Manager.
- Previous clinical nursing experience and/or case management experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Let me just give you a quick overview of why it's different here. You'll be heard, respected, valued. Your ideas will be sought, your input welcomed. There's a real commitment to keeping it collegial and collaborative.
-Marsha M., RN, MS, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services CNO
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply