Nurse Assistant I, Inpatient Rehab, Nights, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
08/19/2021, 09:59 AM
JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Delivers direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Completion of a North Carolina State Approved Nurse Aide I course required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN). 2. Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse (RN). 3. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility. 4. Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information. 5. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner. 6. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development. 7. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Strong oral and written communication skills Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands Basic computer skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under wide variety of circumstances Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases Subject to multiple interruptions Occasional exposure to radiation hazards Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals Occasionally subject to irregular hours Uses personal protective equipment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Amount of time spent performing the following activities: 0% 35% 65% to to to 35% 65% 100% N/A Activity X Standing X Walking X Sitting X Bending X Reaching with arms X Finger and hand dexterity X Talking X Hearing X Seeing Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling: X 20 lbs. maximum X 50 lbs. maximum X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.