State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Per Diem)
Req ID: 39743BR
Job Summary: Possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology department. Activities are specifically directed by the manager. Performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties and procedures to hospital in and outpatients in accordance with orders of physicians. Performs these duties using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Assumes responsibility and quality of work in designated areas of procedures as required. This position requires a high level of technical and informatics knowledge and skill, and the ability to work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as appropriate.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of all procedures in nuclear medicine, to include all infection control policies.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in scheduling and documentation of exams and maintaining accurate and complete records relative to the examinations performed.
- Surveys and documents all radioactive doses received by the department daily.
- Keeps accurate records of all isotopes, surveys, and radiation disposal, etc. as required by regulatory agencies.
- Performs quality control on all equipment according to standard procedure.
- Vocational or Technical training in Post high school approved training program in radiologic Nuclear Medicine required. Associate's degree preferred.
- License American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Registration Nuclear Med Tech Certification required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and ARRT certification in Nuclear Medicine and Massachusetts license or equivalent required
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Work requires knowledge of radiologic procedures and equipment operation of a year post high school approved training program in radiologic Nuclear Medicine technique and theory.
- Must have computer and PACS knowledge and background. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- IV certification required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply