State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Night Shift Clinical Pharmacist
Req ID: 37245BR
Job Summary: Initiates and ensures the quality of pharmacy drug distribution services in all patient care areas. Assumes direct responsibility of direct medication distribution, IV admixtures, safety and efficacy of prescribed drug therapy in accordance with laws and regulations governing pharmacists and the practice of pharmacy by the appropriate state and federal agencies.
- Practices in accordance with the laws, rules, and regulations of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy, Department of Public Health, the Food and Drug Administration, and the Drug Enforcement Administration and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains certification and credentials in accordance with the Board of Registration.
- Provides drug information to physicians, nurses and other health care professionals. Continually evaluates quality and timeliness of dispensing performance within procedural framework. Uses initiative and resourcefulness to assure best possible patient service. Communicates applicable information to subsequent shifts ensuring the continuity of care.
- Evaluates medication orders; reviews disease state parameters, allergies, drug-drug interactions and duplication of therapy. Communicates with physician on discrepancies, possible interactions, or changes necessary. Informs nurse of problem and resolution. Documents all interventions.
- Responsible for the daily operations of assigned areas. Manages workload and coordinates personnel in teamwork within the environment. Resolves operational problems arising in specific area. Assists in the development and maintenance of pharmacy polices and procedures and provide cares as described in the departments polices/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required. Doctoral degree in Pharmacy preferred.
- License Massachusetts Pharmacist required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Licensed Registered Pharmacist in Massachusetts (or immediate eligibility) required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Direct patient care experience in hospital pharmacy, preferably in an academic medical center setting.
- ASHP accredited residency is a plus.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply