New Grad Staff Nurse, Burn Center, Days, Wake Forest Baptist Health Medical Center "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
07/06/2021, 8:30 AM
This job qualifies for a $10,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). The staff nurse directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing
- BSN preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- RN licensure in NC
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas
- Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned; waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations
- Provide patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior.
- Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
- Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
- Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned, waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
- Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
- Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to tolerate moderate to high stress levels
- Subject to occasional crowded conditions
- Moderate noise environment
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations
- Regular exposure to the risk of blood borne diseases, infections and contagious diseases
- Contact with patients, family members, community members, co-workers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Required to wear PPE
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.