New Grad Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Care Unit
Job ID: 84862
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7a-7p and 7p-7a
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:New Grad Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Care Unit
Full-Time – Rotating Shift
Baltimore, Maryland Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center with a comprehensive and technologically advanced surgical suites.
We are looking for talented Cardiac Care Unit Registered Nurses to join our nursing team here at University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
- This role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months experience.
- The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice.
- It is expected that a nurse in this role successfully pass the probationary period within 12 months (18 months maximum with a defined action plan developed with manager).
- Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse.
- Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level.
- Functions effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided, and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice with Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- BSN preferred.
- Up-to-date status on all mandatory training and classes.
- One year nursing experience.
- Solid knowledge and clinical skills.
- Current BLS certification required through American Heart Association.
- Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education every two years.
- Member of a professional organization.
- Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW