This is a full time EMG technologist position in our Neurodiagnostic Lab. You would become part of a great team dedicated to providing high quality EMG and Nerve Conduction studies for both the inpatient and outpatient settings of adult and pediatric patients. While working independently and in close collaboration with physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel, you must be able to communicate with patients and their families, while ensuring patient safety, and satisfaction. Experience with neuromuscular ultrasound is desirable. Would need to be registered as a R. NCS. T., CNCT, R. EEG T., or obtain a registry within 18 months of hire. This position would require some rotation into the EEG department with on call responsibilities approximately every 8 weeks.
Provides technical expertise in noninvasive electroencephalographic diagnostic testing such as EEGs, EMGs, sleep deprivation testing, brainstem, nerve condition assessments, visual, and somatosensory-evoked potentials. Assists with F-waves, H-reflexes, and nerve donation motor and sensory studies. Assists with Botox injections.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of an acceptable program in clinical neurodiagnostics with two years' experience in neurodiagnostics and neurological testing.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Board registered in EEG; EMG; NCV; CEP or other related Electrophysiology modality within eighteen (18) months of hire. Current CPR certification required
1. Performs and/or assists in providing quality procedures in EEG and EMG Neurophysiology procedures.
2. Obtains appropriate data management and documentation and utilizes hospital resources appropriately.
3. Communicates in an effective manner to provide efficient and quality services with high customer satisfaction. Maintains an effective rapport with patients, family members, co-workers and customers in a compassionate and professional manner.
4. Participates in educational activities to enhance patient care and quality. Maintains appropriate education/credentials to accomplish work objectives.
5. Performs appropriate equipment management including operations and maintenance.
6. Utilizes appropriate competencies, guidelines and environment for safe patient care. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age group served.
7. Maintains proactive attitude towards minimizing overtime accrual by checking Time and Attendance multiple times a week.
8. Informs supervisor in advance of questionable time/attendance errors to insure time is correct.
9. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building: follows hospital policies and procedures, follows departmental policies and procedures, contributes to the overall quality of services, assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other ancillary professional staff when discussing procedures and patient care
Clean, well-lit, comfortable environment
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness) and to odorous chemicals
Exposure to flammable, explosive gases
Occasional exposure to blood-borne pathogens, infections and contagious diseases
Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
Required personal protective equipment: eye and face protection, gown, mask, sterile and non-sterile gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.