State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Neuro Modulation Technician I
Req ID: 38098BR
Job Summary: Position supports the Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation (BA-CNBS), by administering various noninvasive brain stimulation techniques in clinical and research settings.
- Applies noninvasive brain stimulation procedures (eg. TMS, tDCS, EMG, EEG, etc.) to patients and research participants. Records pertinent history of the patient's primary symptoms. Outlines the nature of the procedures and tests with the patient. Answers questions patients may have as to risks or discomforts presented by the procedure.
- Determines the neurophysiologic technique to be performed as requested by the attending physician. Consults with the attending physician about the interpretation of the procedure or technical problems.
- Prepares a summary report of the neurophysiologic data and compiles representative orignal recordings. Ensures all procedures are completed according to protocol.
- Facilitates communication among attendings concerning patient progress. Leads weekly clinical meetings, at which patient progress is discussed and treatment plan is determined. Trains new technicians in the administration of brain stimulation techniques under the supervision of attending physicians.
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the laboratory. Orders supplies needed for noninvasive procedures. Ensures the proper maintenance and function of the equipment used in the laboratory. Conducts quality control testing of equipment as necessary. Contacts appropriate vendors for repairs when necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply