Network Engineer – Senior – Full Time – Day Shift
Category: Information Systems /Technical
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: February 16, 2021
Project/Technical leader for network engineering group that works closely with networking staff to ensure compliance with organizations goals and objectives of having an innovative, redundant infrastructure allowing for business continuance and disaster recovery. Performs network management, design, and support in an Enterprise class Windows Active Directory environment. Supports network infrastructure, including connectivity issues regarding applications, LAN, WAN, wireless, VPNs, firewalls, DMZs, and remote access. Plans and supervises day-to-day management, operation, and administration of WANs, LANs, Wireless devices, and software required to support Cisco networks. This includes performance monitoring, intrusion detection, firewall systems and security practices to interface public and private networks, capacity planning for future growth, and upkeep of configuration documentation. Must have expert knowledge of Cisco IOS and be able to implement and troubleshoot various routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP) multi-layer switched/routed environment. Knowledge of VoIP with ability to plan and implement multiple layers of security to support wireless infrastructure. Must be able to install and monitor various network monitoring and troubleshooting programs such as NetMRI.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Leads, designs, operates and maintains networks, tracks all problems, proactively monitors performance and performs upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Leads in maintaining documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records which depicts the physical and logical configuration of the network.
- Responds to calls from computer system end users requesting assistance and takes appropriate action; utilizing a variety of tools.
- Provides first and second level network support in problem escalation process.
- Communicates with users in a timely manner to ensure problem resolution and take proactive measures to prevent recurrence.
- Installs and configures all necessary telecommunications/network devices to support the organizations business continuity/disaster recovery plan.
- Enters and tracks all trouble tickets and project work changes into trouble tracking application or project management application.
- Leads long and short term technology planning and provides task management and technical support for special projects.
- Provides assistance with research and evaluation of proposed hardware and software modifications and upgrades.
- Attends classes, seminars, conferences and reviews professional literature to enhance knowledge of trends and developments related to WAN and LAN technologies.
- Four year degree in field and 5 years technical network experience or 7 years of technical network experience.
- Minimum of 5 years direct technical network experience in an enterprise class network.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technical certifications required: Cisco CCNA
- Technical certification preferred: Cisco CCNP, Checkpoint CCSA
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)