National Director, General and Vascular Surgery
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0016750
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides curbside consultations to the organization's Primary Care Physician population via platform in place. Must answer within Service Level Agreement (SLA) provided by National Director of Network, and other clinical leads.
- Provides information related to specific specialty during National Physician's meetings.
- Reviews procedural event requests around specialty.
- Reviews historical referrals to manage understanding of necessity and help incorporate Best Practice Alerts (BPA) to the Primary Care Physicians of the organization so that appropriate Value Based referrals can be placed.
- Reviews charts for admits related to specialty to ensure appropriate plan of care is amended to mitigate future hospital activity where possible.
- Provides clinical advice to PCPs on patients regarding the daily and long-term management of their diseases or conditions.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the field of specialty to learn about newest forms of treatment. May be asked to update or provide training to center personnel.
- May attend center meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s direction.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- · Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of General and Vascular Surgery· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to collaborate with other caregivers, primarily Primary Care Physicians but also Nurse Practitioners, Hospitalists and other specialists
· Professional demeanor with the ability to explain medical conditions to care providers in clear and straightforward terms
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
· Business acumen to support managing costs down
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus in-house applications used in medical centers, e.g. DASH, MyNotes.
· Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 15% of the time
· Spoken and written fluency in English
· This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Doctoral degree in medicine; completion of a residency program with specialization in General and Vascular Surgery
- MBA, MPA or MHA preferred
- Medicare and/or Medicare Advantage experience a plus
- Prior experience in a value care, risk-model based healthcare preferred
The National Director, General and Vascular Surgery, provides cross-regional support for Primary Care Physicians to deliver specific guidance in the field of General and Vascular Surgery in relation to all patients’ outcomes. The specialist will serve as a consultant partner to our practitioners that require direction prior executing a referral endeavor. This position will interact with our care providers, and virtual patient contact may be required.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director